No products in the cart.
Bachelor of Arts/Jazz Studies
Graduated with Honors
Temple University/ Boyer College of Music and Dance
Philadelphia, PA / 2011
TEACHER AND ADJUNCT PROFESSOR:
California State University Northridge / September 2016 – 2020
- Clinician for senior Combo-band.
- Composing & arranging charts, improvisation & composition instruction.
Herbie Hancock Institute (Form. Thelonious Monk Inst.)/ Sept. 2013 –2020
- Guest artist and Clinician for LAUSD Schools
Temple University Masterclass / 2015 & 2018
- Lecturer and guest performer
Jazz Coolcats – LA Jazz Society / 2014 -2016
- Wrote curriculum & instructed jazz appreciation classes at underserved elementary schools at LAUSD.
- Demonstrated instruments, taught history, & led performances.
Stanford University, Stanford Jazz Workshop / 2012 -2013
- Faculty Member conducting Saxophone and improvisation masterclasses, lead combos and aural skills classes for age groups 12-17.
- Coordinated and lead faculty & student performances.
- Instructed individuals privately.
LESSONS AND MASTERCLASSES:
Offering private and group lessons (worldwide)
Private Lessons include:
Starting with an honest assessment of the individual, each lesson plan is designed specifically for the needs and goals of each unique student. We build skills and successes together and engage in conversational and tactical exercises to improve tone, articulation, rhythm, sight reading, technique and more.
Sample Masterclasses include:
Danny is available for online and in person masterclasses. In his group lessons, the class will explore deeper concepts into topics such as melodic development, big band section blend, harmonic analysis, rhythmic studies, arranging, composition and much more.
Sunday Series | Basics of Improvisation | Arranging
Lesson transcript | Sheet music | Skill building exercises | Bonus-Tips and Tricks